I would like your final post of the semester to be a reflection on the ideas and texts we have been discussing. The style and content of the reflection is completely up to you (a reflective poem, anyone?) -- but to spark some thoughts, consider one or more of the following questions:
- What ideas or ideologies run through multiple (not necessarily all of the) texts we have read so far this year?
- How do these texts reinforce or rebel against popular American ideologies?
- What text that we have read this year has meant the most to you? Why?
- What text was the most insightful -- made you see the world in a fresh light? Why?
- Did any text change your life? Why?
You'll have another assignment that asks you to evaluate your writing -- so there's no need to talk about your own work here. Just reflect on the intellectual experience of class.